Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Just Another Day

Did another 2.5 miles today. It was a little warmer, but less humid and with a nice breeze. Had shin splints and knee pain in my right leg again. At about the 1.5 mile mark, my left contact hurt and I had to stop and take it out. I was really close to my building and almost went in to put it back in, but I knew I wouldn't go back out if I did, so I made myself keep going, half blind. My leg pain went away the last mile, but that may have been because I was too focused on only being able to see out of one eye. I definitely slowed down the last mile because I felt so disoriented The back stretch on Alton feels like it's slightly uphill and I always want to quit there. Still, I came in at a 21:51, only 2 seconds slower than yesterday. All in all, I felt pretty strong.

One of my fellow engineers, named Tim, who happens to sit across from me, has been on the phone all day. Most of the calls are business related, but he just talks and talks and BS's with whomever he's on the phone with. He's loud and obnoxious and I'm not sure he's been quiet for more than a minute or two all day. If I hear one more time about how many cycles he has to do for QUAL, I'm gonna lose it. Oh wait, there he goes again... Plus, our QC manager came to me and told me that I needed put some weld-prep features on some of the parts I designed for Tim's project (I didn't know to do so...learn something new everyday) and when I ran it by Tim, he hemmed and hawed and said it was bullshit. So now I have to wait for those two to fight it out before I can finish these parts.

Got "The Village Sessions" in the mail last night. Oh. My. God. That is how an acoustic album is done. Such an amazing EP. "Good Love Is On The Way" has taken a whole new shape. And I thought it was powerful before. Now I'm just floored. Damn.

No comments: