Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What's wrong with my calves!?!

Didn't run over the Christmas weekend. It was a combination of laziness and a new (old) running location. I've gotten so used to running at work that it now feels weird to run anywhere else. It used to be that I was so used to running in Los Osos, running elsewhere was weird. Funny how that works.

My calves hurt like hell yesterday for no apparent reason. I think I may have just been flinching a lot while I was sleeping and it made them sore (it's happened before). They still hurt today and were a little sore during the run. They really hurt when I stopped running.

Took the new spiffy shoes (with special orange laces!) for a spin today. They felt a little different with my old socks then the spiffy new ones I tried them on in. But I only have one pair of new socks (thanks mom...uh...I mean Santa) so I'm gonna try them tomorrow and if they feel better I'm gonna have to make a complete switch. My left toes felt tingly. I'm hoping that will go away with different socks and not tying the shoes so tightly. I really don't want to spend money on a whole set of new socks, but the guy at Road Runners was cute and maybe he'll actually ask for my number this time (stupid other customers in line behind me).

Took the left side of the ravine again. Turned around at the street. Did a good solid 25 minutes and was a little faster today, though it didn't feel like it. The wind was terrible and my contact wasn't happy on the way back. Couldn't take it out because I was afraid it would blow away. The new arm band and (RED) nano came along for the ride as well. They worked nicely once I figured out the logistics of where the earpiece cord should wrap and how loud it should be to hear over traffic.

I like the word spiffy.

No comments: