Monday, December 11, 2006

First Post

After a few weeks of running 2.25 miles a day, I chose to up the distance this week to 2.5. I had gotten down to around an 8:45 mile pace for the 2.25. My goal for my first 2.5 mile run in quite a while was 23:45, which is a 9:30 mile pace. Legs felt kinda heavy for the first five minutes or so and I had a shin splint off and on in my right leg. Really felt like I was dragging. But I pulled in a 21:49. That's 8:43 miles for my first 2.5. Woohoo!!

Spent the weekend in Las Vegas with my grandfather for his 91st b-day. Didn't stick to the diet at all. Now that I'm back home, I'm trying to get back to 1500. Doing rather well, but people keep bringing in x-mas goodies. Arg.

Haven't swum in weeks. I'm not getting to bed early enough because I'm working on a special x-mas project for work that keeps me up late. I'll start swimming again after the holidays are over and everything calms back down.

Work is getting a bit monotonous. I've been writing and revising JTs for weeks and I need a change of pace. There's a hose assembly sitting on my desk that needs work and the shop manager wants to work with me to do some tweaking on the CNC lathes, but these damn JTs just keep coming. But my secret x-mas project is almost done, so that should add some fun times. And the party will be a blast. Plus everyone loves the snowflakes.

No comments: