Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dodging horse poop

Went back to the trail for my run today. It's more of a ravine with a path down each side. Last Friday I chose the left side of the ravine. It is basically a wide dirt path (a car could drive down it) that follows along the back side of some houses. It not shaded at all (bad for hot day). I was going to take the left side again today cause it's rather cold out and I wanted the extra warmth, but there were some trucks in front of the gate, so I chose the right side. The right side is covered in shade and offers a myriad of path options. I'm pretty sure they all end up in the same place (or go back to the street level), but that leaves me with some exploring to do. There were piles of horse poop on some of the paths that I had to avoid. I found out why there was so much horse poop. That path dead ends at a stable. The little firefly lit up at this point in the run. Unfortunately, the path dead ended a little too early for me, so I only ran 24:15 instead of 25 minutes.


I have to cross a very busy intersection (both streets, actually) in order to get to the ravine. Normally I jay-walk (jay-run?) across the first street because it's not always that busy and it saves me some time at the stoplight. I was about to do so today when I noticed Mr. Policeman up the street from me. I figured it wasn't a good idea to jay-walk and then run right by the cop. So I just waited at the stoplight.

I have to decide if I'm going to make a cake or some other type of goodies for work people. I can't decide. Someone decide for me please.

1 comment:

Speedy said...

...little firefly lit up...

Someone's been watching a little too much Over the Hedge. ;)

And about the sweets, I vote neither. You don't need to give holiday gifts since you are new. Next year maybe, but you can totally skip this year and not feel guilty.